Check with seller Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Location: Arusha, Tanzania
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
• Lead the MFI, building an organization that honors Christian values by positively impacting the lives of many families and children through the delivery of appropriate financial services and training with a particular focus on the rural areas of Tanzania.
• Create a self-sustaining business with strong foundations (people, process, systems) that is capable of growing while managing risks.
• Manage an effective and efficient operation, delivering to challenging financial and social performance targets.
• Work closely with WV to develop integrated livelihoods programs, and thereby obtain funding from the partnership and donors to grow the operation.
• Finally, to deal with all regulatory issues and lead the organization through the process of conversion into regulated deposit-taking institution in the near future.
Mission & Purpose & Business Acumen:
• Ensure that the vision, and mission, purpose, goals, objectives, outputs and policies set by the Board and approved by VFI are fully implemented, complied with and met.
• To ensures that the vision, and mission, purpose, goals, objectives, outputs and policies set by the VFI and The Board are fully implemented, complied with and met.
• Ensure proper balancing of MFI double bottom line sustainability and profitability while achieving social goals.
• Manage all VFT resource in prudent way; ensure proper safeguarding and stewardship of resources across of VFT.
• Ensures the culture of the whole organization and behaviors of its management and staff reflects its mission and vision.
• Building and maintaining organizational culture of full accountability and responsibility, and striving for excellence and making positive life changing impact in communities where VFT work.
• To develops, monitors and implements: Strategic Plan, Three-year Business Plan and Annual plan.
• Coordinate development of realistic budget and financial projections, acquires and maintains the necessary financial and non-financial resources necessary to meet VF MFI’s objectives set in the financial projections.
• Achievement of targets and strategic goals- Leads the institution in achieving the targets as defined and agreed in the business plans, as well as in accomplishing VFT strategic goals.
• Ensure that the plans are cascaded to implementation groups and staff and ensure that key performance indicators set in plan and budget are achieved.
• Ensure that VFI line management structure and the board of VFT will receive information about state of business on time in adequate format. Transparently and in timely manner, inform VFI and the board about any affairs with different stakeholders.
• Reports to the board using standard reporting templates on a regular basis in timely manner.
• In coordination with the various departments, establishes and maintains an effective internal control and risk management system.
• Implement all regulatory requirements, policies, tools, procedures and best practice of prudent risk management in order to protect interest of VFT’s savers and depositors.
• Ensure full compliance with all regulatory requirements set by banking sector regulatory body, tax or other government regulators.
• Formulates and implements guidelines, procedures, internal regulations that are consistent with the policies set forth by the VFI and the board.
• Facilitates growth of Senior Management Team into a team that is capable of fostering VFT ahead in accordance to the Strategic Direction and Business plan.
Fundraising (Fund Sourcing):
• Negotiates effectively with creditors, grant bodies and other financial institutions.
• Ensure compliance with conditions and reporting requirements.
• Diligently manage and close grants and related projects.
• Ensures that annual financial projections, reports and budget are prepared for the board on time.
• Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages VFT’s resources within those budget guidelines.
• Ensures that effective and efficient financial management system is installed and maintained.
• VFT is profitable.
• Ensures portfolio quality in line with VFI requirements and targets set by the board for portfolio quality.
• Ensures savings products are effectively priced and delivered ((subject to MFI).
• Ensures that effective internal control and risk management system is established and maintained.
• Ensures effective liquidity management, to ensure sufficient funds for financing credit activity and sufficient reserves in accordance with industry requirements for deposit taking institutions.
• Take all necessary actions to insure that institution will have adequate external or VF global center rating.
To apply go to https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/tanzania/visionfund/chief-executive-officer-ceo-visionfund-tanzania/12013
Check with sel...Nafasi ya kazi MeTL GroupOther Jobs (Dar es salaam)Check with seller
MeTL Group is a leading economic force in Tanzania with major investments and successful operating companies in key business sectors. The Group employs more than 24,000 people acro...